Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Those Rainy Days

The weatherman predicted today to be a day filled with harsh thunderstorms, crackling lightning, and heavy down pours. Of no real surprise, that prediction didn't come to fruition, but man my internal clock sure didn't get that memo. Today was one of those days, where despite yesterday's post and thoughts still being fresh in my mind about using perspective to meet the speed bumps we encounter in our daily routine with gratitude for the things that have gone right, I just couldn't pull myself out of the "rainy day funk." Maybe I'm alone on this, but often times I find that my mood reflects the weather, if it's a dark rainy day, the kind that makes you just want to curl up on the couch and dive into a good book, an old favorite movie, or for most of his in the parent world, just try to grab a nap and catch up on some sleep.


Well today was one of those days for me, my internal clock and general mood was setting on rainy day, and I had a hard time drudging through the day, despite the sunshine we actually got. I'm sure that is in part to the latest office rearrangement we've undergone at work leaving me out of eyesight of a window. And I'm going to guess that trying to kick my energy drink addiction this week isn't helping. (Boy do I miss my high-doses of caffeine).


It effected me so much that I was even struggling to find the motivation to put out a post. Luckily my friend Google came through with a great list of encouraging Bible Verses. The particular list I scrolled through (found here) ranged in topics from overcoming fear, perseverance, and the theme that relates to my lethargic generally apathetic attitude throughout the day, purpose.


And so, here are a handful of verses that happened to resonate with me today.


Isaiah 26:3
3 You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.


John 16:33
33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”


Psalm 55:22
22 Cast your cares on the LORDand he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.


God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment