Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Helping Others

This is something that's been on my mind a lot lately, trying to find ways that I can actively help others. Of course situations to positively impact a person in need don't typically fall right into our laps; we have to actively look for them. Frankly I think it's pretty easy in this cynical world where we're always in a hurry to get from one place to another to actually happen across situations more often than we think; we just simply not see them as we have our blinders on for the day.


I came across this link the today; it has 21 very nice selections of verses about helping others, so I've posted my favorite of the bunch below, but be sure to check out the full selection HERE. You may find a few others that resonate with you stronger.


My end goal is to try actively seek out more situations that I can positively impact someone's life, and make difference in their journey, and do this at least once a week. Baby steps.


I guess when I sit down and think about it, the holding the door, the saying please and thank you, it's nice, but everyone should be doing that stuff anyway, right? That's not really going out of my way to spread God's word and love around to our fellow man, and I just want to be able to give back and do more.


This is going to be a work in progress...I'll keep you posted on the results.


Matthew 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment